By practicing a few simple oral health habits, you will go a long way toward keeping your healthy smile. Think of good oral health habits as part of an overall healthy lifestyle. Always be sure to get regular preventive care from your dentist.
- Visit your dentist for regular, preventive check-ups two times a year or more, depending on what your dentist tells you.
- Brush your teeth with a soft brush at least two times a day
- Floss every day between each of your teeth
- Brush your tongue to cut down on germs and not have bad breath
- If you do not have water with fluoride, check with your dentist about the benefit of toothpaste and rinses with fluoride
- Avoid eating lots of hard foods and sweets such as sodas and candy
Oral Health Resources
For additional oral health information visit the following web sites:
www.netwellness.org – NetWellness Consumer Health Information provides the highest quality health information and education services.